There are many ways to volunteer and help Hope Shores Alliance in our mission to assist and support survivors of sexual and domestic violence and their families.
- Work in our thrift store in Rogers City or help in one of our offices.
- Assist with events related to Stalking Awareness Month in January, Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April and Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October.
- There’s a lot of work to be done: organizing clothing closets, organizing linen closets, processing donations, transporting donations, moving furniture.
- Answering the helpline, child care, medical advocacy and court accompaniment, education/support groups, transportation, life skills, personal support, mentorship.
- Volunteers receive training on the organization, sexual and domestic violence, oppression, the feminist movement, and advocacy skills.
- Volunteers interested in providing direct service work will receive further in-depth training and job shadowing before connecting with clients.
Whether you have an hour or all day, we have something for anyone who has the caring nature and commitment desired for our important cause. If you think this is for you, call our volunteer coordinator at 989.356.9650 to get more information.
*A criminal background check is required for any part-time or full-time volunteer or paid position.